FXCM Support EAD is a subsidiary of FXCM Group. The FXCM group of companies (collectively, the "FXCM Group") is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (forex) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. Our
mission is to inspire global traders with access to the world's largest and most liquid market. By offering the most innovative trading tools, hiring the best trading educators, and meeting strict financial standards to protect trader
funds, we strive for the best online trading experience in the market.
The Data Science Manager will drive the data science focus within the Data Science and Analytics department. We are looking for an experienced data science leader to direct the existing team to improve on current efforts, but also
help set the strategic direction and drive new initiatives. You would have the opportunity to use your experience to help drive real change in our efforts to use data to make smarter, more efficient and more impactful decisions, while
working in a supportive environment.
We work across the company with Marketing, Sales, Operations, Dealing, Compliance and others. You will be involved in setting the strategy, benchmarks, goals, roadmap and methods to support the short- and long-term growth plans. You
will define, oversee and manage projects end-to-end that will facilitate that strategy. You will also contribute to our best practices, focusing not only on the work, but how the work is done.
This would be ideal for somebody who is passionate about data and analysis, and focused on the practical impact and end-use of that analysis. Rather than being siloed to one area, our goal as a team is to make full use of all the data
and tools at our disposal. The current team is large enough to make an impact, but small enough to be flexible.
We are continually looking to learn more, improve and expand, and are looking for candidates that have the same values.
Primary responsibilities (not limited to)
- Define and execute on the strategic goals for the data science team
- Spearhead innovative projects, own and drive the delivery from ideation to completion
- Develop and deliver long-term vision on the direction and impact of the data science team
- Liaise with the Data Warehouse team regarding required metrics for analysis
- Provide thought leadership on data analytics and data science best practices
- Coach, mentor and share knowledge and expertise with the data science team to enable continued team skills development
- 5+ years of professional experience in advanced data analytics and data science. At least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong experience in defining, evaluating, prioritizing and delivering on data science use cases to increase impact.
- Experience in high value areas such as marketing analytics, revenue attribution, lead generation and customer propensity models
- Strong leadership skills and experience mentoring, developing and growing teams and individuals
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL
- Proven knowledge in statistical analysis and experimental design
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Intuitive analytical mind and good problem solving skills
- Able to deal with ambiguity in defining activities and direction
- Proactive and persistent
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
Hours: 40 hours/week - Monday to Friday, 9am - 6pm
Contract type: Labor contract with FXCM Support EAD
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview